Alleghe

9.1.16 Valens 0 Comments


It was 7pm on Christmas day when I realised it would be a good time to start packing for the skiing trip to Aleghe next day. Given the fact that I'm born and raised by the Mediterranean, it is obvious that I wrapped myself a hat short of an Eskimo. We parted around 7am and arrived to Alleghe about 3 hours later. After transporting all our luggage to our hotel room, we then gleefully went across the street straight to the cafe that we snooped out with the help of Google Earth, and confirmed the coffee it serves is Illy. Once our caffeine needs were taken care of, we were finally ready for some actual sightseeing. Alleghe is a vey small town, which is why getting from the centre to the lake took less than 5 minutes. To our sincere pleasure, it was covered with a thick layer of ice - a sight I've experienced for the first time in my life. After taking a couple hundred photos of the rare sight, it was time for the traditional munching on ice cream, which may have been cold, but was damn good. We then returned back to the hotel, where we lazed around until we got bored and decided to once again pay a visit to the frozen lake, which was bustling with skaters and curious italians. It was then that I realised I can step on the ice and not end up swimming- a situation I took full advantage of.


The next two days were dedicated to our tries at once again getting used to moving on skis, which luckily didn't end tragically. However, the sad thing about the skiing part was the fact that because of the high temperatures, the snow had to be artificially made, and there were thus hardly any slopes open. The great thing about skiing were the cottages that served all kinds of food for all the hungry skiers (me), who stopped by multiple times per day (me).


In general, besides the lake, there isn't much to do or see in Alleghe - if anything, it is a beautiful location for a peaceful retreat. Unless you happen to visit in the strong snowy winter, when all the slopes are open, or in the middle of summer for hiking, then you can distract yourself quite well.

x, Valens




0 comments: