New times are coming

14.9.15 Valens 0 Comments



As September is in full swing, Autumn is nearing its beginning. For many people it's the most beautiful season of the year, with all the leaves turning into colorful shades and falling into heaps on the ground. I am not one of those people. To me, besides a couple of exceptions, Autumn is the season of nature dying. All the bright green leaves lose life and fade out, enveloping a certain area into the dull shades of brown/orange, which makes you sleepy and instantly decreases your productivity, by simply looking at it. All the birds that usually brighten up the day by chirping and tweeting are gone, and all that is left is an echoing emptiness, the only noise coming from the traffic on the nearby roads. Thinking about it now, it's as if nature had gotten sick of being active for 6 previous months, and has thus boarded the first plane for Bali (or elswhere tropical), in search for the first beach to lounge on.
As all humans should function as an entity, I find it rude to force my opinion on somebody else, so I will thus, instead of boring you with unnecessary negativity, shed light on the previously mentioned exceptions.
What I like most about Autumn is the weather. I am not speaking about the constant humidity and moisturised everything (that doesn't sound right), so much as I am speaking about the strong wind howling, the intense rainstorms, when in a short period of time a large amount of rain falls down, which, combined with the wind, the lightning, and the thunder, makes you feel somewhat superior, because even with all the strings nature can pull, it still can't get to you. And the best thing, which has lately been happening less and less (thankfully, I guess), is the shortage of electricity. I can't recall the last time we were left without electricity for a longer span of time, but what does come to mind, is a distant memory from when I was little, when my entire family gathered around the fireplace, which illuminated us all in a soft orange lighting whilst we joked around and reminisced, thus making the best of an unfortunate situation.
It's times like this, that, by forcing you to be alone, left to yourself, nature forces you to think about what you have, and be grateful for a life you've been given. 

What is your favourite thing about Autumn?
Feel free to share!

x, Valens

0 comments: